We have many groups (internal & external) that use our main facility and the Mercy Building on the northwest corner of our campus. While we are fortunate to have a facility that can accommodate many events from showers and small groups to live stream events, recently we have been unaware of several events taking place in the facility. The office staff needs to understand when people are in the building to coordinate access, prevent scheduling conflicts, provide cleaning services, ensure the building is secured after events, etc. If you need to use a portion of this facility for any event from a small group to a larger gathering, please contact the church office. We can book the event space for you, prevent conflicts and provide any special instructions required. Simply call the office at (256) 881-7373 or email Adrienne.
Dinner and Devo
On Wednesday nights during June and July, we have a special offering called Dinner and Devo. We will meet at 5:45pm to share a meal in the fellowship hall, dismiss kids to classes at 6:25pm and have a devotional thought from 6:30-7:00pm. This year, our series is He Appointed 12: After a night of prayer, Jesus appointed twelve men to be his apostles - men he would send out to preach, heal and deliver. Who were they? What were they like? What can they teach us about following Christ?
- June 5: Summer picnic (chicken salad on croissants, ham, pimento cheese, and rolls, fruit, chips, assorted pies)
- June 12: TYM Spaghetti dinner (proceeds will support TYM students participating in the summer Ecuador Trip)
- June 19: Cheesy chicken enchiladas, corn and rice bake, garden salad, chocolate trifle dessert
- June 26: Grilled Hamburgers and Hot Dogs with ice cream treats
- (We will not meet July 3)
- July 10: Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots and peach cobbler
- July 17: Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, strawberry tiramisu
- July 24: Shrimp/smoked sausage boil, bread pudding
- July 31: Southern BBQ, mac and cheese, potato salad, the BEST chocolate chip cookies
Individual meals are $6/Adult, $4/youth ages 7-12 and Free/youth ages 0-6. Tickets can be purchased for individual meals in the office or in the Adult Education lobby on Sundays starting June 3.
During the devotional time, there are classes for TCM and TYM, ages birth – 12th grade. (Note: There may be some weeks, due to summer activities, that the youth ministry (TYM) meets in the fellowship hall for the devotional. Please check TYM correspondences for any changes.)
Christian Summer Camp Volunteers Needed
The Christian Summer Camp is underway and we still need your help! Please stop by the table in the gym lobby to sign up or use the following steps to sign up online for various volunteer opportunities including providing lunch, reading, gardening, etc. Contact Lauribeth White for more info (email, 256-665-4841).
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click here.
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Children's Ministry Summer Volunteers Needed
Needed: Summer volunteers for children's ministry! If you are willing to serve in the children's ministry this summer - specifically as a small group leader for grade school during the Bible class hour or in the nursery during the worship hour - please contact Amy or the church office!