Domestic Missions / Benevolence
It is our aim to share the love and good news of Jesus Christ with our neighbors in both word and deed. We believe this is accomplished best through holistic methods that take into account every aspect of our human life (spiritual, relational, as well as physical). Our goal is to work together with our neighbors to meet needs with dignity and help them transition from crisis or cycles of poverty to Christ-centered hope, restoration and self-sustainability. Our prayer is that this is accomplished through an overflow of our joy in Jesus Christ!
There are multiple opportunities to live out your faith and love of Christ in the ministries below. We’d love to help you plug-in!
Outback America is about building, restoring, & strengthening relationships. The Weekend Events are full of outdoor activities, great music, and the unique opportunity to invest time with someone in your family in an undistracted environment. During the weekend, you will develop a deeper understanding of Life Purpose, Personal Values, Spiritual Priorities, and Parent/Child & Husband/Wife Relationships. Programs include Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, Mother/Daughter, and Husband/Wife.
His Way (formerly ‘The Way’) is a residential recovery program for men struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. There are volunteer opportunities to teach, mentor, prepare meals and help with special events.
Disaster Response Team
A partnership with multiple churches in Madison County that provides disaster relief following tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding. Tasks include tree and debris removal, roof and window tarping, flood cleanup, prayer and support to victims. Training is required.
Meals On Wheels
Deliver a meal, prayer, conversation and a smile to brighten the day of senior citizens who are unable to cook for themselves and are primarily homebound. MOW is a once a month opportunity with meals delivered Monday thru Friday. This is an ideal ministry to take your children or a co-worker or friend along with you!
Contact Cindy Thomason or the church office if you are interested in participating with Meals on Wheels.
Thanksgiving 2nd Harvest
Each year prior to Thanksgiving, our church family comes together to share a pancake breakfast with neighbors in need. We share prayer and encouragement as well as groceries to prepare their own Thanksgiving meal with their family.
Huntsville Inner City Learning Center (HICLC)
The HICLC is a Christian-based non-profit organization in which we are honored to partner. They provide an after-school program for children in under resourced schools. Volunteer opportunities include providing a meal or healthy snack, tutoring, transportation on Wednesday nights to church, gardening, exercise buddy, and Bible study.
This is largely a ministry of relationships. It’s a wonderful opportunity to befriend children and teens from the inner city that are a part of our church family. There are multiple (on-going) opportunities such as transportation, mentors and lunch buddies. We also have an Our Kids Summer Camp each year in which many volunteers are needed!
Widow & Lawn Care Assistance
Through collaboration with CASA, widows are assisted with small home repairs and lawn care. This ministry helps these widows maintain their independence and reminds them of God’s commitment to care for them through His people. These ladies are so grateful for the service they receive, but especially for the prayers and the smiles. Lawn mowers and supplies are furnished, and you have the flexibility to mow either after work one afternoon or on the weekend at your convenience.
Contact Tracy Pollard at 256-698-8078 or email Tracy to serve in this ministry.
Jobs For Life
Jobs for Life (JFL) is a Christian-based program designed to help men and women develop the character, confidence and core work readiness skills to prepare them for work and life. This is a 16-session course which may be taught in an eight-week time frame (two classes per week) or a 16 weeks time frame (one class per week). How you can help:
- Prayer Team Leader – Coordinate and encourage a prayer team committed to pray regularly and specifically for all components and people involved with JFL training.
- Serve as prayer team member for JFL
- Perform administrative duties associated with Jobs for Life
- Course Instructor – two to four hours per class (16 session course) - serve with team of two to four instructors teaching prepared curriculum
- Student Relations Leader – (this could be two people co-leading) Recruit, screen and monitor progress of JFL students – lead team (materials provided)
- Student Relations team member
- Champion Team Leader – (this could be two people co-leading) – Recruit, equip, direct and encourage a team of dedicated mentors to walk beside students throughout the JFL training course. (Training materials are provided)
- Champion Team member – serves with a team as mentor to JFL students
- Business Relations Team Leader – Lead and support a team of “ambassadors” for JFL to the business community, share JFL with business and community leaders. (Training and promotional materials provided)
- Business Relations Team member – spread the word of JFL to business community, participate in mock interviews, Employer Roundtables, identify and pursue potential business partners for the JFL program
- Small Group Leader – dedicated discussion leader for duration of JFL course – opportunity to build relationships and mentor JFL students
- JFL Business Partner – provide JFL graduates an opportunity for employment
- Help plan and coordinate JFL Student Graduation ceremony
- Help plan and coordinate JFL mid-course Celebration
- Provide JFL classroom refreshments