Sunday Night Discussion via Zoom
- 11.22.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Stuart Whiting and Dan Beasley host a weekly online conversation about the Bible. Like the series on Mark, it will be on Zoom, at least for now. The conversations will take place on Sunday nights 7:00-8:00 pm US Central Time. Click on the button below to connect to the meetings via Zoom.
Unlike the Mark series, this will not be a traditional class where we are teachers and everyone else are students. Instead it facilitates conversation among all the participants. The participants are asked to listen to a podcast, read a section of scripture or maybe read an article prior to the class, then we discuss it. If you connect to the meeting, we sincerely hope you will participate in the discussion.
The current series is "Heaven and Earth", a story which begins on page one of the Bible and is ever present to the very last page. We plan to use the Bible Project's material by the same name. This topic has been truly eye-opening for us, and we hope it will be for you.
We'll discuss topics such as:
- What is the Old Testament referring to as "Heaven"
- Eden as Heaven on Earth
- Temples: Where the Divine and Human Space Overlap
- Jesus, The Ultimate Meeting Place of Heaven and Earth
- This world is not my home... or is it?
- What Did the Bible Writers Think Happens After You Die?
For questions or more information, contact Dan Beasley.
Next series events
- 12.06.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 12.13.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 12.20.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 12.27.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The series of events starts on 10.04.2020 and ends on 12.27.2020.