Todd WhiteTwickenham Shepherd
Pictured: Todd & Lauribeth and son
I was raised in a military family and graduated from high school in San Antonio, Texas, where Lauribeth and I met. I went to college at the US Air Force Academy while she attended Abilene Christian and we were married shortly after we each graduated in 1987. We served in the Air Force for the next 20 years, living in Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey, Alabama and Mississippi. After retiring from the military in 2007, our family relocated to Huntsville and became a part of the Twickenham family. We have three grown children - Maegan, Morgan and Austin.
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- Our family has been blessed to be a part of the Huntsville Inner City Learning Center and Christian Summer Camp since 2010 where we’ve seen God’s grace and provision touching the lives of inner city families and the volunteers who serve them. We also love serving in the North Alabama JH Outback America ministry that seeks to build stronger parent/teen and husband/wife relationships.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: Colossians 3:1-4. Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. It is a reminder that our hearts and minds should be set on things above, not on things below. I see this as our challenge and our calling – to live this life beyond our circumstances and in light of the reality of our eternal destiny in Christ.
- Favorite Team:
- Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs. Texas roots run deep.
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- Family, Reading, Sports
- What would you tell someone looking for a church home about Twickenham?
- I would tell them they won’t find a perfect gathering of people here – or anywhere, for that matter. What they will find in Twickenham is a collection of grace-filled, struggling brothers and sisters who have walked beside our family through triumph and tragedy, joy and sorrow. I would tell them they will find opportunities to grow and serve alongside people who love God and love each other.