Mike ThomasonTwickenham Shepherd
Pictured: Mike & Cindy and daughters
Mike and Cindy, his lovely wife (inside and out), were married in 1987 after meeting at Tennessee Tech. They arrived at Twickenham about a week later and have been here ever since. They spent years working together with our kids of all ages with teaching, puppeteering, camps, mission trips, banquets and other events. Cindy is often thought to be alone as she helps take care of the young children on Sunday mornings, as Mike is typically found working with multimedia for our worship services.
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- I greatly appreciate the many ministries that reach out and touch people in genuine and tangible ways. I enjoy the creative aspects of working with multimedia to complement the telling of God’s story.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: Matthew 22: 37-40
- And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
- More than one verse, but “on these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” God loves all of His creation, all of His children. Tuning our hearts to harmonize with God’s love puts the focus on love for all of our neighbors. Jesus has a very broad definition of who is our neighbor.
- Favorite Team:
- Tennessee Vols (Born and raised in Tennessee. Tennessee Tech was not known for sports, and my Dad at least had a degree from Tennessee, albeit, he could not have cared less about sports.)
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- My work is all mental, so I enjoy working with my hands. Taking care of family, Remodeling, Fixing Mechanical things, Yard Projects.
- What would you tell someone looking for a church home about Twickenham?
- The arms of God were wrapped around Cindy and I from the very first day that we stepped into Twickenham. Does Twickenham get it all right? No. Has Twickenham always been right for us. No. But Twickenham is our accepting family and God is at work on our family.