Ken SmithTwickenham Shepherd
Pictured: Ken & Suzanne
Kenneth (Ken) Smith is married to Suzanne and we have two children, Jason and Rachel, who live in the Nashville area. We are blessed with five grandchildren, Sawyer, Nola, Sutton, Jack and Henry.
He was born and raised in Shelbyville Tennessee, about 1-hour North of Huntsville. I am the son of Robert (Bobby) and Sara Smith—if you think you see the Spirit of God in me, say a prayer of thanks for these two saints. My grandparents were farmers and I spent some of his growing up years in a Southern agrarian culture. I am grateful for my upbringing.
He is a PhD mechanical engineer with degrees from University of Tennessee and University of Central Florida. Dr. Smith is CEO at Analytical Mechanics Associates, an engineering services firm that provides support to NASA, DOD and commercial clients. Most of my working life is spent in support of the American space program.
"As I reflect on today’s challenges for individuals, families and our community, I am confident Twickenham has a lot to offer as a conduit of Christ’s love. I am encouraged and challenged by the Vision stories and eager to work with everyone to be a church where families like Joe’s and Sophia’s feel connected and loved. The Jobs for Life and Living Well ministries are blessings and opportunities for service in the name of Jesus. Service as a shepherd is a ministry that channels God’s love through us to others, cares for the body of Christ and meets a broad set of community needs.
We are at Twickenham because that is where God wants us to be at this point in our journey. I would offer Twickenham to others as a community that provides a place for imperfect people that are seeking God’s grace and peace."
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- The Jobs for Life ministry is a blessing and an opportunity for service in the name of Jesus. It has provided an opportunity to grow closer to many of you as we work in concert to rescue students from themselves and life circumstances. It is a special moment to listen to people tell their stories and stand beside them as they see a brighter future in a framework of Christian love. From prior experience, service as a shepherd is a ministry that gives us a chance for God’s love to flow through us to reach others, care for the body of Christ and meet a broad set of community needs. I think we are at Twickenham because that is where God wants us to be at this point in our journey. I would offer Twickenham to others as a community that provides a place for imperfect people that are seeking God’s grace and peace.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: I am not sure that I have a favorite Bible verse. I find comfort in reading the Psalms. I am challenged and energized by the writers of the New Testament. I enjoy reading or listening to modern-day authors who help us understand discipleship in the 21st century. I have a favorite phrase or mantra that I will sometimes repeat to myself as guidance: “Be calm, sane and prayerful”.
- Favorite Team:
- Ken is a life-long Volunteer and bleeds orange!
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- Ken plays USTA tennis throughout the year. He also likes to ski, travel and read. Known as ‘Papa’ to his grandchildren ... he enjoys playing whatever they want to play.