Clark AndersonTwickenham Shepherd
Pictured: Clark & Janet
Clark grew up on a family farm near Greeneville, Tennessee. The farming background has made it easier for me to understand many of the parables of Jesus. Watching animals be born and immediately know how to walk or care for a newborn was something that deepened my belief that God is the creator of all things. I graduated from Lipscomb, Tennessee and Auburn. While attending Auburn I met my wife Janet at the Auburn Christian Student Center (ACSC). A place we still hold very dear to our hearts and the place where our son Reed met his wife Laura Beth. Our daughter Rebecca also attended Auburn and the ACSC. All three went on mission trips to Honduras sponsored by the ACSC. I have worked for a number of government contractors in Huntsville for the last 30 plus years and am currently with Northrop Grumman Corporation. Janet graduated from UAH and has worked for NASA for 15 years. Janet and I were both heavily influenced by our parents who were at church every time the doors were open and had almost every family in their respective churches in their homes for meals.
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- I have a significant amount of interest in the Hacienda of Hope effort in Ecuador. Foreign mission is important because who knows when it might be necessary for Ecuador to send missionaries to the United States? I also spent quite a bit of time with Jobs for Life (JfL). JfL is a very rewarding ministry to be involved with. When you see students lives transformed and begin to have success finding a better job, it gives you a feeling like no other.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Bible Verse: There are two pairs of verses I think are extremely important. Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1-3. The first four words in the Bible are the most important. In the beginning God. Without God in the beginning, what else is there? The other pair is Psalms 19:1-3 and Romans 1:20. These verses indicate how much evidence there is in the universe and the world around us that we cannot help but know there is a God.
- Character: I think David is my favorite character for two reasons. On the farm, my favorite animals were sheep and I raised one on a bottle that would literally follow me anywhere I went. So, I very much understand Psalm 23 and David being a shepherd king. But I also like the humbleness of David when he is willing to admit when he makes a mistake. He made many mistakes and he was always willing to admit he made them (sometime he had to be prompted) but he also prayed to God to forgive him and take away his guilt. I make mistakes and I need to be willing to always admit them and ask for forgiveness.
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- Caring for flowers around the house, visiting the family farm in Greeneville. I also enjoy sports, primarily, but not limited to, the University of Tennessee. #VFL
- What would you tell someone looking for a church home about Twickenham?
- Twickenham is a church that cares for people and is open to all. We are involved in several ministries that are truly ways to serve others. To be a servant like Jesus was a servant, there are numerous opportunities for that at Twickenham.