Lee Potts has been married to the lovely Julie Potts since August 24th, 1991. Lee and Julie met while students at Texas A&M University. Upon his graduation, Lee was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army. Lee and Julie were engaged shortly before his departure to his first duty assignment in Germany. He would not see Julie again until 8 months later when he flew in for their wedding. They got married on a Saturday and flew back to Germany on Sunday. Lee is still madly in love with Julie.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: Habakkuk 3:17-19. Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
- Favorite character: As someone who has struggled with pride, his favorite Bible character is John the baptizer for John gladly became less that Christ might become more.
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- Lee likes hunting, fishing and reading. He also likes to eat meat, lots and lots of meat.
- What would you tell someone looking for a church home about Twickenham?
- Twickenham is a church that believes the Bible really is the word of God and because we believe that this word really does bring life. We really do believe that we were enemies of God and objects of his wrath. And we believe that - at just the right time - Christ died for us, the ungodly. We believe that in doing so, he justified us by his blood and reconciled us to God. And we believe that, since God has reconciled us, we should give of our time, talents and treasure and even our very lives to make his name known here in Huntsville and among the nations that those from every nation, tribe, people, and language might know that salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!