Tom and Christie McKee have been married since 1988 and have two daughters. Claire is 19 and attends Samford University, while Abbie is 16 and attends Madison Academy. Christie has a degree in English/Communication from Freed-Hardeman University, where she graduated summa cum laude in 1986. She is also certified in interior design through UAH. She currently teaches at Madison Academy.
Tom has 30 years of experience in engineering, sales, marketing, finance, and executive management. He holds bachelor degrees in Mechanical (Auburn) and Electrical (UAH) Engineering, as well an Executive MBA (Auburn). He has lived and worked in Asia and Europe during his tenure in the automotive industry, and has diverse experience in team building and business growth in America, Europe, and Asia. For the past 20 years Tom has served in senior level positions with Philips Electronics, Volatile Analysis Corporation, ChandlerMay, and currently with Lockheed Martin.
He is a native of Limestone County, Alabama, where his family has been associated with the Tanner Church of Christ for four generations.
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- Outback America, Inner city missions and integration of Twickenham with the community.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” The promise that God has given us is hope and that hope allows us to see a bright future.
- Favorite character: David is probably my favorite character in the Bible because he never gave in to his mistakes and sin. He always returned to God.