Walton grew up in five different states as the fifth of five preacher’s kids. Marna was raised on a dairy farm with two brothers in central Kentucky. We were both blessed tremendously by faithful loving parents that were totally devoted to the Lord and each other. Walton and Marna met at Lipscomb and married in 1975. They have three children. Their two girls (Rachael and Emily) are married and live in Tennessee and are raising Walton and Marna’s five grandchildren. Their son, Timothy, is married and lives in Dallas. Walton and Marna have been involved with youth groups and families at church and at schools since early in their relationship. Marna is a teacher by trade but “retired” to stay at home with the kids, volunteer, tutor, homeschool and occasionally talk to the Governor. When our children started college, she went to work
- Ministry you are passionate about at Twickenham:
- Walton and Marna have both been retired (pronounced "repurposed") since 2012 and have used the opportunity to ramp up their involvement in a number of volunteer efforts and ministries including the Learning Center, Jobs-for-Life, Prepare and Respond, Outback and various marriage related efforts.
- Favorite Bible Verse/character and why:
- Favorite verse: I Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in all things give thanks.
- Hobbies/Extracurricular Activities:
- Walton’s hobbies generally involve building things, fixing stuff, reading history and playing ball. Walton has served as a shepherd at Twickenham since 1999.
- What would you tell someone looking for a church home about Twickenham?
- The Harlesses came to Twickenham in 1992 because they found an environment that encouraged freedom in Christ. Walton would encourage anyone with the desire to pursue a relationship with Jesus to investigate Twickenham.